Hand in Hand India
HAND IN HAND INDIA
Hand in Hand India is a public charitable trust that works to alleviate poverty through a unique integrated community development approach. Registered in 2002, the organization implements projects in the areas of women empowerment, micro finance, child labour elimination, education, health, environment and IT & governance.
With humble beginnings in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, Hand in Hand India today operates across 13 states namely
- Child Labour Elimination – Through Education
- Women’s Empowerment – Micro finance, capacity building, enterprise creation
- Skill Development and Technology Center – Promoting e-literacy, grass root-level democracy
- Health – Access to affordable health care
- Environment – Municipal Solid waste management & Natural resource management
Hand in Hand India’s flagship initiative, the ‘Village Uplift Programme’ is designed to create and build self-reliant and resilient rural communities. This is done through integrated development having combinations of our 5- pillar program’s interventions.
HiH India’s professional approach and global standards have been vetted by KPMG. The organization has received SR 2A for our Social Performance & Responsible Finance from CRISIL. The committed workforce of over 3100 paid employees and 57,000+ volunteers are led by a professional and well experienced Management Team handpicked from various sectors.