- Really good work. My wishes to continue the project as such.Mr. A. NamassivayamLAD Minister, PuducherryKaraikal MSWM project
- Excellent work. Very well maintained. Keep up the good work.Brigadier M.G. SekaranBrig-Q , OTA, Cantonment Board, ChennaiCantonment Board – St. Thomas Mount cum Pallavaram
- Great initiative, even greater achievements! Thanks!Mr. Niels Jacob HarbitzInternational Child Development Initiatives (ICDI), NorwayChitlapakkam MSWM project
- Excellent work (Kundrathur project) Great co-ordination! I appreciate Chairman, EO, NGO volunteers for their commendable eﬀorts. Let us hope we create clean and green towns soon.Dr. K. GopalFormer Commissioner of Town Panchayats, Tamil NaduKundrathur MSWM project
- Wonderful work done by Hand in Hand with the active cooperation of Town Panchayat. Keep it Up!Mr. Suji3t BanerjeeChairman Advisory Committee on World Heritage Matters, Govt. of IndiaMamallapuram MSWM project
Open Defecation Free (ODF) project, Karaikal Municipality, Puducherry
Open Defecation remains a huge problem in our country in the context of poor sanitation and hygiene. To eradicate this practice, Government of India has taken many initiatives. “Open Defecation Free” project is an integral part of the Swachh Bharat Mission and adequate measures have been put in place in the entire country.
In Karaikal, HHIDS works in partnership with the Municipality and conducts ODF campaigns in the town since October 2017. Prior to this initiative, 10 out of 18 wards in the Municipality were already declared ‘Open Defecation Free’. Therefore, the Municipality invited HHIDS to concentrate on the remaining 8 wards in order to declare the entire town as ‘Open Defecation Free’. Training programs for municipal officials and workers, awareness programs for school students, SHGs and Resident Welfare Associations, cycle rallies, mass rallies involving school students, audio campaigns, door-to-door campaigns and pamphlet distribution are all part of the ODF campaign.
Bicycles for School Students in Karnataka - Mitsubishi CSR Project
In the Vemgal Panchayat of Kolar district in Karnataka, M/s. Mitsubishi Elevator India Pvt Ltd has sponsored bicycles for the students of PU College and High School in Vemgal, under their CSR project. To execute this project, they invited HHIDS as implementation partner. A need assessment report was submitted by HHIDS in response to the requisition from the school administration to Mitsubishi Elevators India Pvt. Ltd. Based on the report, the donation programme was conducted in June 2018, and a total of 175 students from Vemgal, Channappanahally, Kurubarahally, Singehally and Perjenahally hamlets, located within 2-8 km radius from the school, got benefited.