- God bless the venture. Thank Collector Parthiban, Sub Collector Kesavan, Commissioner Revathi, and Vikram& team. Thank Hand in Hand for putting it together. Thank the MLA Mr. Kamalakannan as well.Ms. Kiran BediLt. Governor, PuducherryKaraikal MSWM project
- They have initiated the process of waste segregation, and converting organic waste into compost and food waste into biogas. I wish them all success to continue the good work and take the project to greater heights.Mr. V. NarayanasamyChief Minister, PuducherryKaraikal MSWM project by HHIDS
- Really good work. My wishes to continue the project as such.Mr. A. NamassivayamLAD Minister, PuducherryKaraikal MSWM project
- The joint effort of Mamallapuram Town Panchayat and Hand in Hand in collecting, transporting and processing solid waste is a model to be emulated by other urban local bodies. I wish this eﬀort all successK. Phanindra ReddyFormer Principal Secretary, Municipal Administration & Water Supply (Govt. of Tamil Nadu)Mamallapuram MSWM project
- Congratulations on the fantastic job you have done in Mudichur Village. I will come back in a year and look at the new clean village.Percy Barnevik Dr h cOur Advisor and Former ABB Chairman and Management Expert, SwedenMudichur MSWM project
India is the fifth largest e-waste producer in the world. Major contributors of e-waste are government organizations, public sector undertakings and private sector companies, constituting about 75% of the total e-waste generated in the country. Meanwhile, 95% of the e-waste is processed by unskilled informal sector.
The rapidly changing pace of technological development often leads to an alarming increase in e-waste as older products become expendable. In 2016, 44.7 million Mt of e-waste was generated globally, according to a United Nations report.
Concerned about the abundance of e-waste and its hazardous effects on the environment, Hand in Hand Inclusive Development and Services (HHIDS) ventured into e-waste management in 2017. Alongside Karo Sambhav, an authorized e-waste Producer Responsibility Organization (PRO), HHIDS implements awareness creation activities and also handles procurement, storage and transportation of e-waste to authorized units. This enables our Municipal Solid Waste Management initiatives to be more holistic in nature.