COMMUNITY SAFE DRINKING WATER (CSDW)
- God bless the venture. Thank Collector Parthiban, Sub Collector Kesavan, Commissioner Revathi, and Vikram& team. Thank Hand in Hand for putting it together. Thank the MLA Mr. Kamalakannan as well.Ms. Kiran BediLt. Governor, PuducherryKaraikal MSWM project
- Congratulations on the fantastic job you have done in Mudichur Village. I will come back in a year and look at the new clean village.Percy Barnevik Dr h cOur Advisor and Former ABB Chairman and Management Expert, SwedenMudichur MSWM project
- Excellent work, a real inspiration. Let’s find a way to tell the world about it!Mr. Todd WadeLondon onSriperumbudur MSWM project
- Be proud of your work, because it is amazing! Step by step the world is becoming a cleaner and better placeMs. Fiona QuadriDBA, BelgiumMamallapuram MSWM project
- It is an amazing and a very useful project. Keep it up!Mr. M. VijayakumarDistrict Inspector Cell Officer/Deputy Collector KanchipuramMadambakkam MSWM project
The “Community Safe Drinking Water” (CSDW) programme was set up to meet the fundamental need for potable water across communities. The company has identified low cost systems and a partnership model to ensure a sustainable source of clean drinking water. Installation of water purifiers (reverse osmosis process) with huge treatment capacity has helped many communities to address their drinking water issues. This initiative of providing cheap, clean drinking water has become a boon to many communities that were once forced to consume unhygienic drinking water due to lack of facilities. The CSDW units with various capacities are installed in local bodies, educational institutions, etc.
Mudichur CSDW project
To cater the community in Mudichur village, which hosts around 6826 households, in the suburbs of Chennai city, a 4000 LPH RO unit was installed. Since its inception, the drinking water shortage issue in the community, prevailed for many years, has been significantly reduced. Now, the community has access to clean and safe drinking water at an affordable price.
Perungalathur CSDW project
Perungalathur town panchayat invited HHIDS to install a 3000 LPH RO unit providing water supply to 2000 households.The unit was set up in September 2015 at a cost of INR 8 lakhs.
Similarly, RO units of smaller capacities have been installed in various institutions.
Uthiramerur CSDW project
HHIDS has installed a 3000 LPH RO unit to cater to the potable water needs of the Uthiramerur town. The project is in collaboration with the Uthiramerur Town Panchayat and was installed in 2017. The waste water outlet from the unit is connected to the public toilet for flushing and cleaning purposes, and this is also used to manage the community garden.
Presently, the purified water from the RO unit is distributed at INR 6 for every 20 liters by the Panchayat. This is welcomed and appreciated by the locals as it is economical, pure, refreshing and comes from an authentic source.